What is new in version 2.5
- • Simultaneously zoom and pan the drawing environment.
- • When using the Apple Pencil with the Freehand tool, line thicknesses can now be varied by applying pressure.
- • When using the Apple Pencil, the option of preventing line thicknesses to vary with the angle of the pencil has been added.
- • Splatter drawing mode has been added to the Freehand drawing tool set.
- • Selected shapes can be sized.
- • Shapes can now be grouped. By tapping on the selected group, the content of the group can be modified or edited.
- • Text shapes can be left, centre or right aligned.
- • New Pointer Line tool has been added to the Text shape toolbar. This simplifies adding annotations to a drawing.
- • In the header toolbar, a new button has been added which centres all content of the drawing to the screen.
- • An internal two-point perspective grid has been added to the list of grid options.
- • When using internal or external two-point perspectives, sub-blocks can be setup within the perspective environment to help with the drawing process.
- • In the Projects screen, thumbnail of the drawings have been added to the project list, simplifying navigating between projects.
- • The option of hiding unit marks to dimension lines have been added.
- • Projects can be duplicated.
- • Projects can be shared by email between different users.
- • A drawing in a project can be copied and pasted into a different project.
- • In the scrapbook environment, images can now be named and searched.
- • In the share environment, a drawing can now be added to the photos app.
- • The speed and the stability of the freehand tool.
- • In the scrapbook, the image editing functions.
What is new in version 2.0
- • Apple Pencil support.
- • Smart one- and two-point perspectives. Visualize your ideas in 3D and see them in context. Adjust your perspective grid and viewpoint. Align your perspective to an image, and lines automatically snap to the vanishing point.
- • Adobe Creative Cloud import/export.
- • Dimension lines.
- • Infinite canvas size with infinite zoom.
- • Scrapbook for managing images.
- • "Share Extension" imports images and PDFs from other apps.
- • Elements can be Cut and Pasted, or moved to a new layer, while still retaining scale awareness.
- • Elements can now be locked to let you select an item below it.
- • Export your drawing as PDFs.
- • Add text and company logo to exports.
- • Print directly from the iPad up to A1 size.
In version 2.0, the selection mode was removed because you can now select elements within the specific drawing modes. For example, select multiple elements and modify them all at once, changing stroke width, or fill and stroke colours. Undo includes Redo. Improved isometric and axonometric drawing tools.
To learn more about specific capabilities, several new instructional videos are available from the Help menu.